Several powerpoint presentations were developed for use by the NFS team for public events. These provided key background information about the NFS and its components, while also ensuring there was a consistent message being provided at particular events. These presentations proved a useful template which the NFS team members could adapt and build upon for use in other events.
Short videos and footage were also produced as educational tools which had relevance to the NFS. These included:
- Footage of live native fish which helped people with fish identification and genuinely connected people with the various species.
- Footage of mass accumulations of Carp congregating at a large barrier which emphasised this species’ abundance in rivers.
- Footage of a carp cage in operation
- “How a vertical slot fishway works” video effectively demonstrated fish moving through each chamber of a fishway.
- The activities and successes of the implementation of Demonstration Reaches (e.g. Dewfish Demonstration Reach)
- True Tales of the Trout Cod videos of peoples’ experiences living and fishing along rivers of the MDB